Forget that ice cream maker you’ve never used, this is the simplest way to make it at home and it takes a fraction of the time. It’s also a brilliant way of using up old bananas. This dairy-free recipe combines our tasty Peanut Butter & Almond popcorn with coconut milk and banana for a super simple, summer sweet treat.
Make sure it’s Done Properly: Eat outside, come rain or shine, for that proper summertime feeling.
5-6 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
1 vanilla pod
400g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
100g caster sugar
250ml water 1 can of coconut milk
2 x packs of PROPERCORN Peanut Butter & Almond
Serves 4 Method:
1. Lay the peeled and sliced banana on a baking tray and cover with cling film. Place in the freezer for at least an hour, preferably two.
2. Slice the vanilla pod in half and scrape the seeds out into a medium pan. Add in the pod, strawberries, sugar and water. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer, stirring often.
3. Once the strawberries have softened, mash with a fork. If too dry, add some more water and continue cooking for five minutes.
4. Strain the strawberries and juice through a sieve, using a wooden spoon to squeeze all the goodness through into a bowl. Return to the pan and simmer until the strawberry has a syrup consistency. Remove from the heat and keep warm or chill to thicken.
5. Using a food processer, blitz the PROPERCORN until fine, light and fluffy. Add the frozen banana pieces and coconut milk and whizz until smooth.
6. Serve drizzled with the strawberry syrup and a handful of PROPERCORN for extra nutty crunch.