Barbie Prize Draw Terms
Barbie Prize Draw Terms
The Promoter of this prize draw is Catapult Enterprises Ltd, 132 Townsend Drive, Attleborough Fields Industrial Estate, Nuneaton, England, CV11 6TJ (us, we, our).
By entering into this prize draw, you agree to be bound by these terms. These terms also apply to the person that joins the winner on the prize trip, where applicable. We reserve the right to reject any entry from, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms.
- The prize draw is open to all legal residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man, aged 18 years or over, except our and Warner Bros’ employees and their families and households, our and Warner Bros’ agents, or any third party associated with administration of the prize draw or prize. By entering you agree that neither you nor your guest, nor any member of your immediate family, nor anyone living in your household are employees or otherwise connected with us or Warner Bros, any affiliate of us or Warner Bros or any parties connected to us or Warner Bros in relation to the promotion. We may carry out verification checks to confirm your eligibility to enter and/or redeem the prize (including requesting proof of ID e.g. a current passport, driver’s licence and/or proof of address).
- Entrants must purchase a Barbie promotional pack of Sweet PROPERCORN to be eligible for entry.
- To enter: The prize draw is free to enter. Internet access is required. All entries must be submitted via proper.co.uk or by scanning the QR code on a Sweet PROPERCORN promotional pack. You must submit your name, email address and the batch code from your Sweet PROPERCORN promotional pack. The batch code is a six-digit code beginning with ‘N’ (e.g. NX 0000) and is located under the best before date on the pack. Only one entry per person and email address is permitted, per day. You must submit your own entry and group entries will not be accepted.
- The opening date for entries is 5 June 2023. The closing date of the prize draw is 31 December 2023. Entries received before or after this period will not be valid.
- We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to delay, a technical fault or malfunction, computer hardware or software failure or satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw by 14 January 2024. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) by 31 January 2024. There will be one prize and one winner only.
- The prize will be administered by Performance Entertainment Ltd (the "Supplier"). We reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value at our sole discretion.
- Prize: The winner will receive for themselves and one guest:
- return economy class flights from London to Los Angeles with an airline chosen by the Supplier;
- seven nights’ hotel accommodation chosen by the Supplier on a room only basis (based on the winner and guest sharing one room);
- return transfer from the airport in Los Angeles to the accommodation with a transfer provider chosen by the Supplier; and
- travel insurance (provided that the winner and their guest have no pre-existing health conditions) from an insurance provider chosen by the Supplier.
- The following are not included as part of the prize, which will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest to arrange, pay for and/or provide:
- all spending money or other expenses or extras;
- all meals, food, drink, excursions, use of facilities, room service and gratuities;
- travel to or from the London airport; and
- any visas or permissions required to travel.
- The winner must provide a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to the hotel to cover any expenses and incidentals and we will not be responsible for any such expenses or incidentals.
- The winner and their guest must travel to and return from Los Angeles within seven days, such travel dates to be between 11 April 2024 and 31 March 2025, or the prize will lapse. The winner will forfeit the prize if the winner or their guest fails to travel by 24 March 2025. The winner must give the Supplier at least 60 days’ notice of their preferred departure date. The winner and their guest cannot travel during national, public or federal holidays in the UK, Channel Islands or United States of America (USA). Further excluded dates may apply due to lack of availability and will be advised at time of booking.
- The winner and their guest must travel together on the same itinerary. The prize is valid for one trip only, nights are to be used in consecutive order and cannot be split. All elements of the prize must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. Single trips or upgrades are not permitted. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. The winner is solely responsible for any and all excess baggage charges, upgrades, taxes and any other charges incurred after or in connection with the airline tickets. We will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the possession of the winner or their guest. Unless otherwise necessitated by the Supplier, no stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the prize.
- The winner and their guest must be aged 18+ and will be responsible for compliance with any applicable immigration requirements, including any relevant passport and visa requirements. The winner and their guest must have and maintain valid e-passports (biometric) endorsed with all required visas and permissions and with expiry dates no less than six (6) months following the proposed dates of travel or such other duration as may be required by any relevant regulation. These passports, and their holders, must not be subject to any restrictions on their rights to travel to and from the USA. Passport control and in-country authorities may reserve the right to refuse entry to the winner and/or their guest. We shall not be responsible for ensuring the winner’s and/or their guest’s ability to travel to the holiday destination nor for any additional costs incurred should the winner and/or their guest be refused entry.
- It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to check any travel advice issued by the Government and determine whether they wish to accept the risk of travelling to the holiday destination. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any winner and/or their guest arising out of their failure to follow any travel advice issued by the Government. We will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any winner and/or their guest should any winner and/or their guest not redeem the prize as a result of any Government travel warning or advice applicable to the USA or for any other failure on their part to travel. In particular, we shall have no obligation to substitute any alternative prize, cash equivalent or other compensation where a winner and/or their guest fail to redeem a prize for any reason.
- The winner and their guest must at all times comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including any applicable Covid-19 restrictions. This may include, but not be limited to, requirements relating testing requirements and/or proof of vaccination status.
- The winner and their guest are responsible for:
- any tax liability they incur as a result of accepting a prize. Winners are encouraged to seek independent financial advice before accepting a prize if the tax implications concern them;
- obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any insurance cover not provided in the prize (e.g. travel insurance where the winner and/or their guest has any pre-existing health conditions), obtaining any necessary visas or clearances and obtaining any health advice in relation to the travel destination which is required or advisable in order to enjoy their prize; and
- applying for and obtaining an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) for travel to the USA issued via the US Visa Waiver programme: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. We are not liable or responsible for the submission or cost of these ESTA applications and the winner will forfeit their prize if either they or their guest fail to obtain an ESTA.
- Except for the one guest permitted as part of the winner’s prize, the winner is not permitted to bring any family members or other guests on the prize trip. The guest will not be selected for, or be eligible to win, any further contest, promotion or commercial event run by us, Warner Bros or the Supplier. If the winner elects to travel or partake in the prize trip with no guest, no compensation will be awarded.
- The prize is subject to availability and capacity controls, and is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative is offered. Winners may not transfer the right to accept their prize to another person without our consent. Additional prize restrictions, which may include restrictions on Saturday night stays, may apply and are subject to change. We take no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. If the winner does not accept any element of the prize, we are not obliged to provide the winner with a substitute prize. Any unclaimed or unused element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
- If a winner: (i) is disqualified in accordance with these terms; (ii) does not respond to us within twenty-eight (28) days of being notified by us; (iii) fails to take any of the steps necessary to receive their prize as set out in these terms; or (iv) is unable to accept their prize for any reason; then the winner's prize will be forfeited and we will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The winner will need to be available for us and the Supplier to arrange the details of the prize with them and may be required to provide additional personal details to us and the Supplier, such as their full name, phone number, valid passport, travel documentation and proof of address in order to fulfil the prize. The winner and their guest must inform us and the Supplier of anything which may impact their participation in the prize. The winner and their guest will be required to sign a prize acceptance and release form in order to be redeem the prize. Once the winner has booked the trip and/or selected their guest, no changes are permitted and the prize will be forfeited if the winner makes any cancellation or amendments. The winner will receive their prize by their booked date of outbound travel.
- We reserve the right to disqualify your entry if you fail our verification checks or we reasonably believe that you have: (i) breached any of these terms; (ii) cheated or jeopardised the operation or integrity of the prize draw; or (iii) gained an unfair advantage or won using fraudulent, dishonest or unfair methods.
- The winner and their guest must also comply with any applicable terms and conditions of third-party providers of any element of the prize trip, including but not limited to, the terms and conditions of the airport, airline, other transport providers, accommodation and any venues involved in the provision of the prize.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the winner and their guest travel at their own risk and if for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation as a result of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic, disaster, tampering or computer virus, we reserve the right to hold void, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or the prize.
- Our decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- We and Warner Bros shall have the right to use your name, biographical information (such as age, occupation, and town of residence), image, likeness and statements relating to the prize for advertising, publicity and marketing purposes.
- You may not make any public statements or release any other information relating to the prize to the media without our prior written approval.
- We must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation we will send the surname and county of major prize winners to anyone who emails email@example.com or writes to us at 184 Drummond Street, London, NW1 3HP (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated in condition 4. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, we must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of this promotion except in respect of personal injury or death caused by our negligence. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be affected.
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this promotion.
- These terms and this prize draw are governed by English law. If any entrants to this prize draw wish to take court proceedings, then they must do this within the courts in the United Kingdom.
Barbie © 2023 Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved. © 2023 Mattel.